The Constitution is the fundamental law of a country which reflects the fundamental principles on which the government of that country is based.
The concept of constitution was first originated in U.S.A.
A constitution puts down certain principles that form the basis of any
kind of a state that we as citizens, desire to live in.
MAKING OF INDIAN CONSTITUTION
(1) The Constitution of India was framed by a Constituent Assembly setup under the Cabinet Mission Plan, 1946.
(2) The Assembly consisted of 389 members representing Provinces (292),States (93), the Chief Commissioner’s provinces (3) and Baluchistan .
(3) The Assembly held its first meeting on December 9, 1946.
(4) Dr. Sachchidananda Sinha, the oldest member, was elected as the
temporary President of the Assembly.
(5) But , When Dr. Sachchidananda Sinha Died While the work was in progress , Dr. Rajendra Prasad was elected as the President of the Assembly.
(6) H.C. Mukherjee and V.T. Krishnamachari were elected as the Vice-Presidents of the Assembly.
(7) The Constitution was prepared by the Drafting Committee under the chairmanship of Dr.B.R. Ambedkar.
(8) Dr.B.R. Ambedkar is recognised as the ‘Father of the Constitution of India’.
(9) The Constitution was finally adopted on November 26, 1949, contained a Preamble, 22 parts, 395 Articles and 8 Schedules .
(10) The drafted Constitution came into force on 26th January, 1950. This
day is known as the Republic Day. It is being observed every year.